Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

Dahn Yoga Day 1

Happy New Year!

Why do most of us wait for the New Year to create new goals and resolutions? It's an obvious starting point, I suppose, but any day is as good as the other. For me, it made sense for me to start my new year as the first official day for the rest of my life because my mind and body was curiously in tune with the passing and coming of the new year.

Some of my resolutions include most of what may be on your formal or informal list:

1. Better Health
2. Weight Loss
3. Positive Thinking
4. Better Job
5. Find True Love

One major difference is that I have some serious and debilitating health conditions that have put a significant halt in my life for the last 3 years. I'll elaborate in future posts, but believe me when I say that I've tried almost every healing and therapeutic modality known to man.

I had heard about Dahn Yoga before but never gave it much thought as yet another means of pain alleviation. I started my Danh journey by reading Ilchi Lee's (he's the Founder, btw) Human Technology a couple days ago. I thought the book was very relevant and really paralled my personal experience with healing and philosophies on the mind-body connection.

So tonight I went to my first Dahn Yoga class and had a BLAST. I didn't know what to expect. Immediately I noticed that this is not the traditional Yoga I'm used to practicing. It's a series of flowing movements, stretches, and even childlike bounces that stimulate the body's energy flow. I had so much fun. All the students were laughing and giggling. I felt so relaxed after class.

After class, I signed up for the 1-month membership. I have 2 weeks to decide whether I want to take advantage of the upgrade discount and increase my membership to 3 months or beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments.