Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Dahn Yoga Day 2: Heat coming off my head

Day 2 of Dahn Yoga was a unique experience. Today, a lot of heat was coming out of my head - literally. Not only was I sweating from my face and head, but you could literally feel the steam coming from the top of my head. It was bizarre.

Another thing I noticed (that is a little embarrassing to admit) is that my head started to stink! I was embarrassed that the instructor might walk by me to adjust my posture and get a whiff of the toxic smell that was coming out of my head.

I really felt that something was happening from the inside out. My body is trying to heal itself by releasing some of the toxins from my system.

I felt relaxed and refreshed ("Ah, shiwonhada!") after class. And, believe it or not, I feel like my short term memory has been improving - yes, after only 2 classes! I'm already feeling better in my neck and shoulder areas, where I carry the most tension in my body.

Oh, and the "Tiger" breathing exercise really kicked my butt. Basically, you lay on your back and raise your legs, bending your knees with toes flexing back. Once I was in the 2-minute mark of this pose, I was shaking (or, as the Dahn Yoga practioners say, "vibrating") uncontrollably. I thought my legs were going to fall off! It felt really good to release this pose and get my body back to equilibrium.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments.