Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Dahn Yoga Day 3: Less Neck and Shoulder Pain

One of the concepts I learned from Ilchi Lee's Human Technology book was the full body tapping exercises, which is different from Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), another helpful tapping exercise I learned a few years back from another source. This tapping entails tapping from the top of your head all the way down to your toes in a logical downward and upward flow. I've been doing this daily since Sunday (today is Wednesday) and feel generally more positive.

Today's Dahn Yoga class was great as always. I already feel less tension in the neck and shoulder area. I had been getting intensive and expensive physical therapies for these areas consistently for the last 3 years with no good results. I think Dahn Yoga is the only thing that has been improving my condition. I can confidently say I feel at least 5% better.

The start of Dahn Yoga begins with dahn jon tapping exercises. This area is about 2" below your belly button. We make soft fists with our hands and tap tap tap about 500 times. Doing this exercise helps create heat in your dahn jon, which is supposed to be the source of our life energy (many of us know of this as "chi").

We also do intestine exercises that I haven't yet quite mastered. You basically push your lower abdomen in and out with intent while your hands create a triangle over your dahn jon area. It's tricky, but I know I'll get the hang of it with more practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments.