Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Dahn Yoga Day 6: Gentle Dahn Yoga

All of our Dahn Yoga classes are peaceful and not strenuous by any means. Still, that doesn't mean that it's without any physical effort or exertion on our parts.

It still surprised me how much I sweat and release heat from my body while I'm only barely bouncing my body up and down, doing 1/2 way squats, or very gentle stretches with my legs and feet. I mean, I typically do up to 3 hours of intense cardio workouts (aerobics classes, mostly) per week and yet I sweat just as much in these Dahn Yoga sessions!

Today, we had a very gentle class (perhaps because it's a Saturday morning)? It felt healing and relaxing. We didn't do that Tiger breathing exercise, but we did get into a boat position (I think that's what they call it in Pilates) that made my chest vibrate...odd, because you're supposed to feel it generally in the abdomen area.

I forgot to mention that we actually did some Tai Chi postures on Wednesday night - that was also really cool. I am really loving Dahn Yoga. It's helping my insomnia. And I always look forward to doing my full body tapping exercises at home in the morning when I rise and just before I go to bed.

Your brain is really feeling the vibrations and energy you give. Be kind to your brains!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments.