Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dahn Yoga Day 8: Still sad but there's a light at the end of the tunnel

I slept in today. Yes, I was tired, but mostly I was depressed and didn't want to face the day. The negative feelings are weighing my heart heavily. The thing that drives me nuts is that I can't pinpoint the source of this sadness.

I missed my morning Dahn Yoga class. I guess this concerned the instructor because she called to check up on me and asked about my health. I said I had an earlier appointment (I didn't want to admit I was angry and lazy at myself) and that I would return tonight.

The evening class was great and helped to relax me. During the last portion of class, when we were getting into our final breathing postures, the head Master came up and placed her hand on my sternum to check my breathing. No matter what I do, I just haven't been able to do the "chest breathing" they talk about. My belly comes from my belly and throat, both are pretty shallow, from what I understand.

After class, the instructor asked me to come into the healing room for more breathing exercises. She also showed me how to tap my chest and sternum. "If it hurts, you can also just rub and massage those areas," she said.

I don't know why, but I was really tender and the slightest touch to my chest (just below the shoulder is the end of the lung meridian, if I can recall correctly).

Anyway, I told the Master that I felt a great amount of sadness as we were doing the tapping exercises and she said I had a lot of blockages. She encouraged me to keep tapping and that I won't end up hurting myself because my body will tell me before it even gets to that level.

I'm hoping the tapping will get me out of this depressive funk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments.